Removed in the Cataclysm expansion.
Member for 6 years and 1 month
Last active Sun, Apr, 22 2018 14:41:51
- 1 Follower
- 3,758 Total Posts
- 1545 Thanks
Dec 10, 2017Posted in: Earl Black Tea
Drinking this will apply the Dignified buff. It causes your character to wear a black top-hat and a gold-rimmed monocle over the right eye.
This and Faintly Glowing Flagon of Mead were temporarily disabled in 7.1.5 because players discovered that combining the effects, and then removing the effect from the flagon, would crash the game for every player in the nearby vicinity. Now, when the flagon effect is removed while Dignified is active, all that happens is that your normal character model reappears sans the top-hat. It appears that loading into a different zone causes the top-hat to display again.
It does not look great with every hair style, as can be seen in the screenshot with the female gnome.
Nov 11, 2017Posted in: Ordos
(Easier to reply to myself than try get WoWDB to let me edit my old comment.)
You actually still need to have acquired the MoP legendary cloak on at least one character. Blizzard jumped the gun on that patch change, and they've not revisited it since. I don't think we can expect to ever have them fix the problem that kept the anticipated patch change from working.
Nov 11, 2017Posted in: Eggscilloscope Prototype
This item was provided for the obsolete quest Egg Freezing. Oddly enough, abandoning the quest would not destroy the item, and as long as you traded the unique item to another character's inventory, you could acquire as many as you'd like. It is also possible to list it on the Auction House.
Nov 9, 2017Posted in: Christoph VonFeasel
I don't know what Blizz did, but last patch and forward has seen me 100% lose to VonFeasel's team with this set-up. I'm beginning to think that I need to actually look at my rocket bot's breed now.
Edit: I finally just sat down and went through all my mechanical-family pets, as Mr. Pointy and Otto were the huge block points to completing the pet battle. Here is the team and strategy that at last clinched my win.
Pets - all Rare quality:
- Fetish Shaman (Flame Breath, Immolate, Sear Magic)
- Iron Starlette (Wind Up, Powerball, Supercharge)
- Lifelike Mechanical Boar (Missile, Rebuild, Decoy)
- Fetish Shaman is up. Use ability in slot 1.
- Cleanse the Whirlpool using ability in slot 3.
- Spam ability 1 until Syd's shield is depleted.
- Use ability 1 again.
- Spam ability 1 until Syd dies.
- Spam Fetish Shaman's ability 1 until it dies to its racial.
- Iron Starlette is up.
Use ability in slot 1.Use ability 2 for the speed increase. Spam ability 1 until Mr. Pointy dies.Use ability 1, then ability 3, then ability 1 again. Mr. Pointy gets murdered. Iron Starlette may or may not get off an attack before dying to Otto. Use ability 1 anyway because why not.I don't remember what I did differently here, but I think I used ability 1 twice before this pet died to Otto.
- Lifelike Mechanical Frostboar is up. This is where you have to actually pay attention to the battle.
- Be smart with the cool-downs.
- Do not use your heal on cool-down. Getting in attacks is important. I saved the first use of ability 2 until my frostboar was around middling HP.
- Use Decoy only when Otto has its attack buff! This is where the pain is and it's vital to block it.
Probably not 100% win every time, but I plan to use it for now.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.